Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Well, this is my first post to my new blog. I'm almost done with my sweater, one of my own design. Though I've been knitting for over 40 years, on and off, I've never had the nerve to create a sweater of my own before. I don't know if I'll be able to recreate it either, because I have not been the best about writing down the pattern as I go, but I'm trying.

I call it my "hugs and kisses" sweater. I've made it super long (about 30") and it's made from Lion's Thick and Quick (really chunky) yarn. It keeps my lap really warm while I'm knitting, so I expect it will keep me warm when I wear it. It's so thick, I don't think I'll be able to wear my coat over it.

Once I can figure out how to post a picture to the blog, I'll put up a picture of me, my daughter, and my projects.

Happy knitting to one and all. Thanks for checking me out.

No comments: