Sunday, February 18, 2007

I've decided...

that when I really need to think, I knit. Haven't quite figured out why that is, but I know I do my best thinking and figuring things out while I knit. Some of my best advice, to myself and others, comes through knitting times.

I often wonder why, over the years, I give it up for such long stretches of time. My current fascination with it has already lasted longer in this one stretch than it ever has before. I also know that I'm a much more talented knitter and way more creative now than I have ever been in my history.

Lots of things are on my mind right now... how certain friends and family are doing. Wishing I was geographically nearer to some when I feel they need me the most. I find that I knit a lot for others (way, WAY, more than for myself) and it's my way of giving them a hug when I can't physically be there for them.

So, my loves, (you know who you are), if you are reading this (and I know some of you do), please take this post as being directed at you, know that it's coming straight from my heart and understand that this is the hug and the shoulder that you need right now. I'm here for you in whatever capacity I can be. Stay in touch.

2 comments:

Leon said...

I think we all have an activity we use to help us think. My friend used to say sewing or crotcheting helped her think. The activity was demanding and ordered enough to occupy the mind and keep thoughts from straying - but 'easy enough' to allow thinking.

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

I cant figure out how to email you, but wanted to thank you for commenting on my blog!