Friday, October 13, 2006

Some very exciting shopping...

Well, today a friend and I went shopping and man did we get a great buy... We found a yarn store that, as we were about to leave, announced a sale on yarns in the back of the store. The owner had just moved to a new location and had too much stock to fit her new location, so she had these large 72 quart Rubbermaid containers filled with a wide variety of yarns. Her thing? Fill gallon ziploc bags with as much yarn as you could stuff in them for $15 a piece. Well, we really went to town. We got fabulous angora, and cottons and silks and so much more and spent so little. It was really an exciting day...

So, I came home and decided that my library of knitting books is simply not large enough and my music collection could use a little filling in and, oh, by the way, there are some books I'd like to have, so I put together a little (yeah, right!) wish list on half.com because the holidays are coming. So, to my family and friends, if the inclination strikes that you want to buy me something and don't know what to get, here ya go (I can't believe I've actually compiled this list). Little by little I will be chipping away at it, but it was certainly fun making it. Here it is...

My wish list

One of these days I will learn how to hide a link behind a word that you can click, but until I do, I just have to do it the old fashioned way... hahahahaha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! that is exciting yarn shopping. wish i had been there. can't wait to see what yarns you got. and what you'll do with them

sockret pal